Monday, May 3, 2010

Medicate

I saw my neurologist a couple days ago for a checkup. The reason I kept the appointment was because I wanted better sleeping pills. Right now, I take Lunesta, which is nice because it's gentle and non-addictive and all that, but it won't keep me asleep for more than eight hours. I don't need to be awake sixteen hours a day. I want a sleeping pill that will knock me out for twelve hours at a time, and I told my neurologist that. "Drug companies don't make sleeping pills that last longer than eight hours," he told me. "They don't think people need more than eight hours of sleep a night."
I need more than eight hours of sleep a night.

2 comments:

  1. they should prescribe morphine drips for ppl who want to sleep more than 8 hrs. ...or lunesta drips, if that's a thing. i'm sure you can make it a thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. La-Z-Gal intravenous sleep medication. You pass out in a Barcalounger.

    ReplyDelete