Sunday, May 9, 2010

My mother is contagious

I had the following conversation with my sister while we were cooking a Mother's Day dinner today:

My sister: Do you think you'll ever have kids?
Me: I dunno, maybe.
My sister (shocked, as if I told her I was a Scientologist): What? Why wouldn't you have kids?
Me: Because once you have kids, your life belongs to them.
My sister: Yeah, but all your friends will have kids too. What are you going to do if you don't have kids, hang out with all your loser friends who can't get anyone?

I'd say there's a gap between "someone who doesn't want children" and "loser who can't get anyone," but my sister clearly disagrees.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wtf i didn't delete my comment!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't either. What did you say?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I said something along the lines of: "what are you going to do if you don't drink this cyanide-laced kool aid? hang out with all your loser friends who didn't join our awesome cult?"

    ReplyDelete