Friday, April 23, 2010

They can get...smarter?

I got into [another] fight with my boss today. He’s the kind of dick who says things like “you know, Farah, running your mouth doesn’t count as exercise” and “it’s so easy a girl can do it”. Fortunately, we have such a casual work relationship that I can basically walk up to him and be like “you are an ignorant bastard and your hair is stupid” and he won’t do anything about it because he knows I’m awesome and firing me would be a poor life decision.

Today, his beef with me was that I was playing my like omg totally insanely highly inaccessible and super-duper way obscure no-wave, lo-fi, tribalcore, shitgaze music too loud and it was hurting his ear feelings or some whiney bullshit. He started yelling at me to turn the noise down so I started yelling at him something about how this is my favorite song in the universe [this week] and to turn it down would be an insult to the artist and he’d be better off taking his complaints to someone who’d actually give a damn.

Well eventually, he gave up and left me alone because I seem pretty alright most of the time, but when I get riled up about something, I tend not to calm down until I get MY WAY (youngest child syndrome), and he’s well aware of that by now. So he disappeared out of my line of vision, and I got back to work after giving myself a figurative pat on the back for winning yet another one when not five minutes later, that dumb fucking asshole started blasting Rush from the other room. RUSH!! How did he know?! I think it’s time I start keeping my pet-peeves to myself, lest they be used against me in such unethical ways.

2 comments:

  1. if running your mouth doesn't count as exercise, why do i count it in my journal?

    ReplyDelete
  2. he doesn't know what he's talking about. it releases endorphins AND relieves stress, of COURSE it's excercise!

    ReplyDelete