Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Pass the mayo!




I’m pretty sure everyone who knows me knows how baffled and disgusted I am by mayo. As a new year's resolution, I even considered being less judgemental toward people who eat it, but that idea lasted for all of ten minutes. Seriously though, this stuff is worse than cow’s milk--what is, essentially, a homogenized, pasteurized mixture of antibiotics, pus, blood, and (not ya mama’s) boob juice. Yeah...it's worse than that.

First off, consider how it’s made. Who invented this shit? It’s an emulsion of oil and eggs if you make it at home, and I’m sure the store-bought varieties have a ton of added stabilizing agents. So, like…vegetable fat mixed with animal fat mixed with chemicals. MMM I WANNA EAT IT.

Now, consider the taste—It’s not spicy like mustard, it’s not sweet like ketchup, it’s not tangy like BBQ sauce, and it’s not salty like soy-sauce. So what does it taste like? It tastes like fatty, sour, vomit-inducing male ejaculate. It has the consistency of partially coagulated gelatin, it’s slimy, and oh my gosh that smell!! GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE WITH THAT SMELL. It always smells like it's way past its expiration date!! Why do you people subject yourselves to this rubbish? Have any of you actually stopped to think about what you’re eating…and why the fuck you’re eating it? I know there’s no accounting for taste, but I’m actually gagging right now just thinking of ---omg fuck it, keep slathering that synthetic jizz all over your nitrate-laden deli meats if you must, just, please, keep it the fuck away from me.

10 comments:

  1. I wouldn't want to live in a world without BBQ sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it with my roast beef

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta agree with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. my mom mixes it with ketchup and mustard and dunks cauliflower in it, because she is gross.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Farah, what is your opinion of vegenaise?

    I could never stomach mayo, but I really like vegenaise.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never tried it! Too afraid of what it might taste like. Plus, I'm a whole-grain mustard girl at heart.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It tastes like delicious, delicious hydrogenated oils.
    It also usually mentions that they are "expeller-pressed", but I don't know what that means.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ...gonna have to pass on that one. btw, "expeller-pressed" is a good thing! it means they crush the seeds/nuts/olives/whtvr instead of using chemicals to extract the oil from them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I personally can't eat a sandwich (or at least enjoy one completely) without mayonnaise. i prefer it to ketchup on french fries. i guess its the french in me. heinz ketchup has a lot more shit in it!

    ReplyDelete